Friday, January 13, 2017

God Really is Good

Not many people know but since last October I've been battling with my health.  A strange something had attacked my lungs and quite honestly wreaked havoc on my body, my mind, and my faith.  Its like one day I just woke up with the body of an 80 year old man.  Every step, every movement, every breath was labored.  Some days I felt OK but not well.  Other days I could swear I felt the reaper tightening his grip on my chest.  Few times in life I have experienced eminent danger but this has been one of those times for sure.

Since then my health has slowly improved to a point that now I feel about 98% OK.  I've been through the ringer when it comes to tests but tomorrow is a big one...a lung biopsy.  Nervous, afraid, anxious...you name it and I've lived it over the past few days.  One thing is certain though, I have felt the under current of God's peace from time to time and it's let me know that things are going to be OK.

There's dozens of lessons I've learned through this sickness.  From learning to lean on the body of Christ when I'm weak to appreciating everything God has blessed me with so far.  Above all I've realized that God really is good.  No matter how I feel, no matter what I'm going through, no matter what the outcome the fact that God is good remains.

Never mind all the temporal things he has blessed me with including my health.  It is the gift of salvation that makes him truly, honestly, deeply, perfectly good.

In my weakest, darkest, and loneliest times, the truth that God is good shines above it all.


Am I still nervous and such about tomorrow...you betcha.  If you ask me though if God really is good I can answer that by sincerely says yes...God is good...all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment