Friday, January 13, 2017

A Whole New Reason to Make a Mix Tape

Think back...when you met that special person that inspired you to share everything you held dear.  Music, movies, food, places, thoughts, favorites, and flaws.  That person that you would stay up all night to put together the perfect mix tape.  Hours and hours toiling over something that you thought might make such an impression on them that every time they hit the play button they knew how much you loved them.  It didn't matter how long it took to collect the right songs, it meant something much deeper than the tape on the reel.  It was a part of you...part of your soul.

Years have passed since I made my first mix tape for Cindy and I remember it just like it was last night.  I also remember the the one she gave me.  I can still feel the impression it made on me to this day.  We have shared everything with each other.  Good, bad and everything in between but no matter what I remember what went into those tapes and what I got out of them.

Fast forward 20 years.  I find myself in a position to do the same thing for someone.  Actually two someones.  Two special someones that I can just let the world fill their heads with whatever it throws at them or...I can hook the computer up, plug in and go to work.  Toiling for hours...finding the right songs, movies, food, places, thoughts, favorites, and flaws to share.  Give them a a piece of me.  Show them that I care.  Let them know how much I love them.



...a whole new reason to load up their MP3 players, burn a CD...make a mix tape...

No comments:

Post a Comment