Saturday, January 14, 2017

40 Years in the Making

I've enjoyed writing for most of my life (Especially when I discovered the wonders of a laptop and ditched long hand pen and paper.).  Whether it be poetry, prose, or some rant about a car breaking down, I really do enjoy it.  The process of taking my thoughts and hammering them into something hopefully interesting and at the very least, cohesive, does something for my inner person.

 With that being stated, I've always just thrown everything in one spot without any real rhyme or reason.  No guidance from me, the writer, to you, the reader.  After much thought and procrastination, I've decided to split my writings into two different genres if you will.

The Ramblings in My Head blog will now house just my poetry and prose.  That was actually my intention all long but over time it became the catch all for what was on my mind. I've now started this new super cool blog called A Nomad in America in order to have a place for basically everything else.  I'm also going to try and label the posts here to provide a little order to all the chaos this blog will encompass.

On a more serious note and somewhat of a disclaimer, I moved all the posts I felt needed to be relocated here in their entirety and unedited from the original posts that were on The Ramblings.  Some of the posts moved here may contain subject matter and statements that I may or may not believe in or agree with anymore.  We all evolve over time (and after reading some of my earlier works, I'm so glad that's true) and I felt it would be important to leave the content as is in order to illustrate that evolution.  

It's my hope that creating this new blog will spur me to get back in the ole writing saddle and move into a new area of writing that I have yet to explore.  I've never been satisfied in staying in one place and now you know why this is called...

...A Nomad in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment